As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
Customer Service Administrator
As part of the sales team, you will provide sales order processing and administrative support in a fast-paced customer focused environment. You will be involved with processing sales order paperwork using the company’s recently implemented ERP system, quickly and efficiently, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy. The role includes general administrative duties, including responsibility for our un-manned reception, mail and the switchboard, as well as providing an effective and positive point of contact for our customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join PowerPhotonic at a key period in the company’s growth and to develop their career in administration and sales support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility will include:
• Supporting the Customer Service & Marketing Communications Manager with the processing of customer orders & related enquiries, including:
o checking order data for accuracy and obtaining any missing information prior to processing
o entering new orders onto the ERP system
o acknowledging order receipt and shipment dates
o monitoring progress through to despatch
o liaising with customers regarding order status
• Providing administrative support to the sales team generally.
• Providing general front of the house administrative support, including being responsible for our un-manned reception, distributing the mail, answering calls to the switchboard and forwarding voicemail, and arranging events and catering.
Required qualifications and experience
The company welcomes applications from individuals who are currently or have experience of performing a similar role in a manufacturing environment. The company is also prepared to consider recent graduates, who are able to demonstrate the skill and abilities set out in the section below.
To enable success in this fast-paced environment we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
• You must be confident working in a fast paced and often pressurised environment
• Good organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy, including prioritising and managing time effectively
• Ability to enter data accurately and with attention to detail
• Customer focused approach
• Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
• Team player with good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
• Flexible, can-do attitude and quick to learn
• Able to take initiative, investigate and solve problems
This is a full-time position but part-time arrangements will also be considered.