As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
Process Development Engineer
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Process Development Engineer to join our ambitious team. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join PowerPhotonic at a key period in the company’s growth.
As a part of our Engineering Team, you will be involved in all stages of process characterisation and modelling, including S/W tool making, theoretical modelling and implementing improvements for fabrication and metrology. The team is also involved in other technical activities in support of sales and marketing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the company’s laser material processes, leading to new process development
- Advancing the theoretical and empirical modelling of the manufacturing process
- Propose and develop new production processes
- With other team members, ensure new processes are characterised, robust and repeatable
- Drive development and improvement of PowerPhotonic’s laser-material-processing manufacturing and associated metrology capability in
- software tools for process, systems and product characterisation
- software tools for metrology characterisation and qualification
- Key contributor to production-support initiatives (manufacturing and metrology) – e.g., process transfer, production process calibration, monitoring, equipment characterisation
- Identifying process problems; tracing root causes, and onwards to system improvements
- In conjunction with Production Engineers develop innovative process solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
- Reporting on project outcomes to the senior Management team
Required qualifications and experience
- 2+ years’ work experience in a high technology sector with emphasis on mathematical modelling
- Demonstrate substantial and practical experience with one or more of MATLAB (preferred), LabVIEW, C++\C#, or another object orientated language.
- Strong mathematical background
- A Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Engineering or Optics/Lasers or a related field
- Laser material processing experience
- Numerical analysis of data for performance modelling and optimisation
- Experience with approaches such as finite-element analysis tools
- Code development, especially code for third parties
- Development of automated data processing tools
PowerPhotonic is at a key stage of its development and has a clearly defined set of values. The company is therefore looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Comfortable operating in a small and fast paced company environment
- Ability to plan and prioritize work independently and flag and escalate issues as required
- Self-starter – solutions focused, with a hand-on approach to problem solving
- Team player and communicate effectively both inside and outside the Company
- Tenacious and resilient – sees issues through to resolution
This is a full-time position.
Occasional overseas travel is required. The successful candidate must be able to obtain a US travel visa, or visa waiver.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org