As a young, dynamic and growing company, PowerPhotonic offers staff a challenging and rewarding career opportunity. Its engineering ethos is embedded in the culture of the organisation and the ability to work at the cutting edge of technology will be enough for many to consider PowerPhotonic a natural choice to further their career.
Headquartered in Dalgety Bay near Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland, PowerPhotonic is situated in modern spacious offices with excellent facilities. The company offers a breadth of opportunity that few others can offer in Europe. Working in the heart of the company really does make a difference. If you have a significant contribution to make, we’ll make sure it is significant for your success and the success of the company. But for many, the opportunity to move to Scotland will be a key attraction. Scotland is a great place to live and work. The countryside and beaches, rivers and glens are world renowned and all within easy reach of the city centres. There is a wide choice of places to live, with lively towns and cities for those who are young or young at heart and rural communities for those who want a quieter life away from work.
We are a world-class company with the ambition to reach a global audience. No matter whether you are a graduate or an experienced engineer, an expert in optics or operations, if you want to be part of a growing company, give us a call. We are always on the lookout for dynamic talent that wants to make a difference.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing company, send your c.v. and a covering letter to HR@powerphotonic.com
As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Operator to join our team. This role forms part of the Technical Operations team, supporting increased production output. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated self-starter to join PowerPhotonic at a key period in the company’s growth.
The primary areas of focus will be running the rigs, CCI, functional test & general day to day working in the cleanroom, including packing, shipping, labelling and inspection.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Initially the main activities of this role will involve:
- Packaging and shipping of product to outside vendors and customers
- Loading, unloading and processing on production equipment of optical components
- Preparation of optical glass substrates ready for processing
- Inspection of optical parts under microscope, and investigation of cause of defects
- Monitoring and replenishment of substrate stocks
- General housekeeping
Further responsibilities (training will be provided) will include:
- Preparation of batch files to support laser machining equipment
- Operating laser machining equipment
- Operating optical Metrology equipment
- Maintaining records and stock control in MS NAV ERP System
- Maintaining control of production work in progress within ERP system
- Routine monitoring checks and maintenance of production equipment
Qualifications and experience
- Ability to learn and contribute to the development of, new techniques
- PC Literate, with knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel, Word and an ERP system within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working with computer-controlled equipment
- Capable of working independently with minimum supervision and flagging relevant issues for escalation as required
- Can support preparation of operating instruction documentation
Essential skills and abilities
To enable success in this fast-paced environment we are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience in the semiconductor or optics industries
- Ability to work within a controlled Cleanroom Environment
- Focus on Product Quality
- Working with sensitive/fragile material e.g. fused silica, silicon wafers etc.
- Inspection tasks under microscope
- Chemical handling and MSDS (Material Safety Data sheets)
- Metrology Equipment
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to work under pressure & prioritise workload
- Proactive self-starter – solutions and improvement focused approach to problem solving
- Ability to be flexible in working hours if required – occasional basis with suitable notice
This is for the dayshift, Mon-Fri 9.30-6pm
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org