Flat Top Diffusers
PowerPhotonic’s Psuedo Random Intensity Mapping Element (PRIME) flat-top diffusers use a unique freeform direct-write process to fabricate a highly non-uniform surface in fused silica.
These quasi-random optics are designed to impart a well-defined and tightly controlled divergence angle which can range from fractions of a degree up to 10 degrees (FWHM) with potential transmission efficiencies in excess of 99%.
The edge steepness and flatness of the focused spot can be easily customized by supplying desired Supergaussian parameters to maximize system performance. Numerous spot shapes can be achieved including circular, square, annular and more.
Product Spec Sheet
No product sheet available – e-mail enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All fused silica optics
- Customizable divergence (<1° to 10°)
- Customizable Supergaussian parameters
- Variable edge steepness
- Very low divergences achievable
- Suitable for multi-mode lasers (M2 >5)
- Highest system efficiency possible >98%
- Dramatic increase in beam uniformity
- High power handling, >20kW CW
- High laser damage threshold, >100J/cm2
- Good through-focus performance
- Insensitive to input beam properties
- Materials processing: high power
- Laser cutting
- Conduction welding, cladding, brazing, soldering
- Laser peening and heat treatment
- Diode array and pump beam homogenization
- Ultrafast laser pulse homogenization