High Power Wavefront Sensor
PowerPhotonic’s patented (US 8253087 B2) wavefront sensor system allows for the high-resolution measurement of a wavefront emitted from a high-power kW class laser system while running at full power.
Based on PowerPhotonic patented technology, the wavefront sensor system consists of a precision optomechanical device combined with a custom software package that enables the measurement of a laser whilst at full operational load. This allows for very accurate measurement of both the static and thermally dependent wavefront errors that occur when using a high-power laser in the target regime. Angular measurement resolution down to less than 0.1mrad wavefront pointing is achievable, with maximum measurement angles up to 150mrad.
The wavefront sensor “head”, is scanned in front of the high-power laser whilst it is in operation and a small portion of the high-power beam is sampled by a pin hole in a gold-plated reflector. This allows the measurement system to acquire information about the laser, while directing the significant remainder of light towards two water cooled beam dumps.
Product Spec Sheet
- Allows users of high-power lasers to probe the properties of the laser wavefront, at very high resolution and without the necessity for complex relay optics
- Software tool for semi-automated measuring of wavefront information from the output of an array of diode lasers and producing an output suitable for PowerPhotonic to convert to a custom phaseplate surface
- With its intuitive software interface, the user can acquire the complete wavefront of the laser with a single operation, enabling the machine to be used either in the laboratory or as a quality assurance tool on the production line
- Laser diode stack measurements
- Correction optic surface generation
- Custom corrective phaseplates
- Emitter matched, monolithic optics
- Reformatting optics
- Thermal lensing measurements
- Ultrafast laser measurements