Slow Axis Collimators
PowerPhotonic’s range of slow axis collimators (SAC) are used to reduce the slow axis divergence of diode lasers. They consist of a monolithic array of cylindrical lenses to simplify system alignment, and are available in a range of standard focal lengths and pitch combinations.
PowerPhotonic’s SACs are manufactured using the company’s patent pending laser micro-machining process, which provides unparalleled performance and flexibility. The optical surface is ultra-smooth, resulting in very low scatter and crosstalk.
As well as offering compatibility with many different laser bars and stacks, using our unique laser micro-machining process means that additional functionality can easily be added to the SAC at minimal cost as part of our customization program.
Customization options can include correction for bar smile or custom pitch, focal length and conic constant.
Product Spec Sheet
Download: Slow Axis Collimators Datasheet.pdf
- UV-fused silica
- Monolithic design
- Efficient collimation
- Transmission >99%
- Long term mechanical stability
- Customization options
- Compatible with off-the-shelf FACs
- Suitable for laser diode stack assembly
- Flexible part size
- System performance optimization with additional customization options
- Low scatter
- High power laser diode bars and stacks
- Solid-state laser pumping
- Wavelength-locked systems
- Fiber-coupled direct diode
- Free-space direct diode